Sunday, January 18, 2009

Very, Very Late Night

Catching up with friends...but all rested now. Sleep is a wonderful thing. :-) Just had my Starbuck's - grande soy carmel machiatto, so I am a happy person. We're headed to the Lincoln Memorial to check out the set up for the concert this afternoon. Of course, I am equipped with my handy Obama commemoorative Metro card! But we will walk about a mile or so as well, so we'll be getting some exercise while we're here.

Can't really put into words how thrilled I am to be here. Every once in a while I stop think, wow, it's really happening and I'll be here to see it. This is such an amazing country and a tremendous moment in history.

Like a lot of you, we're following along with the events by watchng CNN. All of the commentary is interesting as well. I think everyone is feeling the weight of history.

Will catch up when I get back from the concert...hopefully with pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment