Saturday, January 17, 2009

I've Arrived!

I made my way to the capital city by way of US Air early this morning. Even though I was in the very last seat (13C , no less) the flight was great. I intended to sleep all the way (as usual), but a cup of coffee just before the flight kept me wide open. Since I brought along some mindless reading, I made my way through the entire January edition of People. :-)

It's 10 degrees here, but sunny. I haven't been out long enough to really appreciate the cold weather, but I will make my way over to DuPont Circle to explore the shops and restaurants later today. I spied a Starbucks on the way in so, I will definitely be there coffee addict that I am.

My cab driver was very helpful, offering tips on taking a short cut to the mall on Tuesday. He also drove by the mall giving me a glimpse of the staging underway. I hope that won't be my only one! :-)

Since I'm the first to arrive in my group, I've got some time to catch up on the sleep that I missed last night -- opting to pack and repack instead. What does a Carolina girl bring to D.C. anyway? I've got about 5 thick sweaters and 3 sets of thermals. Everything I've read says to layer, so I hope I'm set. Just no rain, please. Can take the cold....but not the cold and rain! Brrrrr....

Thelma R. just told me about the Obama stop at Union Station this afternoon....maybe I'll check that out.

4 comments:

  1. Great!! Glad you made there safely, now the real adventure begins! I am so excited that you are there. I get a chance to see the events of travel almost in real time. Have agreat trip and tell me all the details. I'll be checking your sight often to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. am glad u made it take alot of picture and i will check your sight to see whats going on

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to need lots of updates and pictures! I'm glad you arrived safely and hope you had a wonderful day. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so excited for you and Moms(LouiseRice). I was glad to see the pictures of you and Moms. You all are safe and having a good time. I look forward to checking out the blog during this historical adventure.
    Love You,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete